Gucci Monogram Canvas - 9 Year Wear and Tear


Can you believe this bag is 9 years old! I thought I would dedicate a post to this for anyone considering a Gucci canvas monogram bag.

This bag has a lot of sentimental value for me.  I had purchased it in Milan right after graduating from university.  It was my first "luxury" bag!  It came out to $900 (after VAT refund) which at the time was a lot of money for a poor undergraduate!

How cute is this bow-tie?!



I'm very impressed with how it's held up over the years. I do try not to wear the same bag back to back, as I like to give my leather bags at least a day to rest and reshape after it's been worn. However, I do keep this bag in my regular rotation, and it has been worn at least 3 times a week.  It's been through Canadian winters, downpours, vacations, been kicked under airplane seats, carried my laptop and textbooks.  This thing is a workhorse!

Only within the last year did I really start to see wear and tear, mainly in it's ability to hold it's shape (it's a bit more slouchy now).  There is some wear to the corners and darker marks on the canvas (it's probably just dirt that I should clean)




I would highly recommend that people try the Gucci canvas bag.  It's also not as popular as the LV monogram, so you're likely not going to see 20 of these everyday! Also, the price point of the monogram bags is really good.  This actually really makes me want to get another gucci canvas bag knowing how great the quality is! Hope this helps!  Let me know if you have any questions.



Comments

Popular Posts