YSL Tote: A tote lost in a sea of Neverfulls…



I’ve had this bag for about 6 months now, so I thought I’d do a review post for those considering this bag.

Pros



It’s a beautiful simple black tote, with the Saint Laurent Paris logo printed in gold letters at the top and a gold YSL charm. It also comes with a little pouch inside to store your keys and other little accessories.

Because of the simplicity, it works great as a work bag. It’s not as in your face as the LV Neverfull, and you don’t see 10 other people wearing it everyday.

This bag is very practical. It can fit quite a lot and the leather is soft so you are able to put bulky items in there, like your shoes or lunch.  The straps are very comfortable and they stay on my shoulders.  There is a button closure at the top, which I like to use to secure the bag when I’m on the subway.

It’s a great size for me (I’m 5’4 and petite).   It’s approximately the same size of the LV Neverfull MM.

I use this bag at least a couple of times a week for work, so it’s been worn fairly consistently.  I don’t baby it.  A few times I have been caught in the rain too. I have not let it completely soak, but it has gotten wet.  Even so, I don’t see any visible damage from my abuse yet. The leather feels really durable and is resistant to minor bumps and scratches. 

It’s a really great price point for this bag, in comparison to the LV Neverfull or Goyard St. Louis.  I paid $1295 CDN for it from ssense.com.  I’ve seen this bag go on sale in different colours, like the burgundy, green and beige. 

Cons

I tend to wear lotion on my arms, so I guess they are rubbing off on the bag.  Not a big deal though as I’m sure I can clean it away.  If you get a coloured bag, maybe it won't be as noticeable.



I never put things that are too heavy in the bag, like a laptop.  I feel like this will wear down the bag faster.  

There is no separate inner lining.  Other than the detachable pouch, there are no other pockets.

Because this is a leather bag, it is not water resistant, compared to the coated material of the LV Neverfull or Goyard.

Overall

All in all, I am very happy with this bag.  It serves me well as a practical black tote.  The price point is also good. It’s one of my most used bags.  I am definitely considering getting this bag in another colour, like the burgundy!

Comments

Popular Posts