Chanel Gabrielle 10 Month Update







I've had this bag for a little over 10 months now and thought I would do an update. 

Just as a reminder, this is the LARGE size in the black aged calfskin, series 24.

Would I buy this again?  YES! It's my most used Chanel bag.  I wear this about once or twice a week on work days.

Chanel has also seemed to raise their price significantly on this already. So I'm glad I got this when I did. 

Overview of Wear and Tear

So far so good.  I expected worse, especially with the smooth base.  But any small nicks or scratches, I've been able to rub out with the oils on my finger.   There is a bit of creasing at the base of the bag and with the strap. Don't think that's preventable.




What I usually carry in it:


  • A regular size book (I say regular as a super bulky or large book won't fit through the opening)
  • Glasses case
  • Small wallet and/or card holder (a full size wallet can fit)
  • Keys
  • Chapstick

My pros vs. cons after 10 months

Pros:


  • Unique look.  I get a lot of compliments on it.  The different chains are fun.
  • Not everybody recognizes it's a Chanel and for me that's a good thing sometimes
  • I like the large size.  It has a messenger bag type look on me.  However, I think the medium size would work best for most girls looking for a casual bag.
  • I LOVE the black aged calfskin

Cons:


  • Because it's the large size, it is a bit bulky and given I'm clumsy, I find myself bumping it into things often
  • The opening is small making it hard to get my hand in and find things
  • It can't fit too many bulky things given it's rigid base
  • The top part (aged calfskin) will likely loose it's shape with use.  But I've read that the newer Gabrielle bags (after the first iteration) come with a more rigid top, so these will likely hold their shape better. I stuff it when in storage to try to keep it's shape.
So that's it!  Let me know if you have any questions about the bag below!

Comments

Popular Posts